Anti-human PAI-1 Antibody, Rabbit pAb
Polyclonal Antibody against Human PAI-1
Application: ELISA, WB, IP
Size: 0.1 mg
Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is the primary inhibitor of tissue-type and urokinase-type plasminogen activator, playing a major role in fibrinolysis [1,2]. PAI-1 is mainly produced by the endothelium, but is also secreted by other tissue types, such as adipose tissue . It is normally present at low levels in plasma and tissue, but its expression and release are increased in various disease states (such as a number of forms of cancer), as well as in obesity and the metabolic syndrome . PAI-1 is also involved in the pathophysiology of renal, pulmonary, cardiovascular, and metabolic diseases [5-8]. Elevated local or systemic PAI-1 can also exacerbate such pathologic conditions.
Recombinant full-length human PAI-1 expressed in E.coli.
The antibody detects circular human PAI-1 in ELISA.
Rabbit crude IgG was purified by protein-G chromatography.
Liquid in phosphate-buffered saline (PBS).
Store at –20°C for less than one week. For long-term storage, aliquot and freeze at -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/defrost cycles.
ELISA - This antibody can be used in ELISA with the appropriate secondary reagents to detect human PAI-1.
- Lijnen HR, et al. (1995) Baillieres Clin Haematol. 8: 277–290
- Dellas C, et al. (2005) Thromb Haemost. 2005; 93: 631–640
- Binder BR, et al. (2002) News Physiol Sci 17:56-61
- Vague P, et al. (1986) Metabolism. 35: 250–253
- Sobel Be, et al. (2003) Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 23: 1979–1989
- Eitzman DT, et al. (1996) J Clin Invest. 97(1):232-7
- Gils A, et al. (2004) Thromb. Haemost. 91 (3): 425–37
- Cale JM, Lawrence DA. (2007) Curr Drug Targets. 8(9):971-81