SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Protein(NP) High-sensitivity Quantitative ELISA Kit[RUO]
Each kit is sufficient for 96 tests and contains the following components:
- One aluminum pouch with a Microwell plate (12 strips of 8 wells each) coated with an antibody against SARS-CoV-2 NP, sealed.
- 10×Wash buffer: 40 ml.
- 1×Assay buffer: 30 ml.
- 100×Detection antibody solution: HRP-labelled anti-NP antibody, 0.12 ml.
- SARS-CoV-2 NP standard: 2000 pg of SARS-CoV-2 NP in a buffered protein base, lyophilized.
- Substrate solution: 12 ml, ready for use.
- Stop solution: 12 ml, ready for use.
- Plate cover: 1.
SARS-CoV-2 is an enveloped virus with a positive-sense RNA genome and a nucleocapsid of helical symmetry. During the assembly of virions, Nucleocapsid protein (NP) binds to viral RNA and leads to formation of the nucleocapsid. Because NP is the most abundant protein of coronavirus and has strong immunogenicity, NP can serve as a diagnostic marker for SARS-CoV-2 carriers. SARS-CoV-2 (2019-nCoV) Nucleocapsid protein (NP) ELISA Kit is a highly sensitive and specific immunoassay developed by ImmunoDiagnostics for the precision detection and quantitative measurement of SARS-CoV-2 NP in biological specimen.
This kit has been verified by high purity SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid protein /NP (Cat# 41A220, https://www.immunodiagnostics.com.hk/product-page/covid-19-nucleoprotein-np) and serum from healthy people and COVID-19 patients. It can recognize recombinant SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid protein/NP or NP in serum or other samples. This kit can be used for research purpose.
- The kit should be stored at 2-8°C, and all reagents should be equilibrated to room temperature before use. Immediately after use remaining reagents should be returned to cold storage (2-8°C).
- Expiry of the kit and reagents is stand on labels.
- Once opened, the strips may be stored at 2-8°C for up to one month.
SAMPLE COLLECTION AND STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
- Serum and plasma were tested with this assay. Other body fluids or cell culture medium might also be suitable for use in the assay. Dilution factor needs to be determined according to the abundance of NP in the samples. 2-100 fold dilution is recommended for serum/plasma samples from COVID-19 infected patients.
- Do not use grossly hemolyzed or lipemic samples.
- Samples should be aliquoted and must be stored frozen at -20°C, and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.